In each of the following items, sentence A is complete, but sentence B is not. Complete sentence B, making it as similar in meaning to sentence A.
1. (A) The job was completed, and so he asked to be remunerated.
2. (A) Save for Ronnie’s courage, the battalion would have perished.
3. (A) No sooner did Arti see the thief she went into action.
4. (A) Undeterred by ob-4acles, he persevered in his efforts.
5. (A) Though the man was suffering from cancer, he bore it with a smile.
(B) In spite……
6. (A) The show was spectacular and earned laudable commendations.
(B) The show, which……..
7. (A) All was stunned beyond belief that a healthy man had died.
(B) All were so…….
8. (A) He symapthised with me over my sad loss, and this was some comfort.
9. (A) The Captain said “It gives me great pleasure to be here this evening.”
(B) The Captain said that……
10. (A) To escape punishment you must confess your fault.
11. (A) He saw the danger but moved on.
12. (A) Nothing can be gained without effort.
1. After having completed the job he asked to be remunerated.
2. Were it not for Ronnie’s courage the battalion would have perished.
3. Hardly had Arti seen the thief when she went into action.
4. Without being deterred by obstacles, he persevered in his efforts.
5. In spite of suffering from cancer the man bore it with a smile.
6. The show, which was spectacular earned laudable commendations.
7. All were so stunned that we could not believe-that a healthy man had died.
8. His sympathy for me over my sad loss was of some comfort.
9. The Captain said that it gave him great pleasure to be there that evening.
10. Either you confess your fault or you will be punished.
11. Although he saw the danger yet he moved on.
12. Can anything be gained without effort?