Accommodation of Eye for near & distant objects
This is the process of focusing of eye at different distances.
• Mainly brought about by a change in the curvature of the elastic lens making it thinner& fatter.
• For distant objects the lens become more flattened or thinner.
• For near vision (nearer than 6 meter) the lens become more convex or rounded.
• These changes are obtained through the ciliary muscles.
• In normal condition ciliary muscles relaxed & the lens remains stretched by suspensory ligaments & it is less convex suited for viewing distant objects.
• To see near by objects, the ciliary muscles contract & tend to pull the ciliary body slightly forward. This releases the tension on the suspensory ligaments making it loose & the lens turns thicker & more convex or round.