- Fought between Hemu (Afghan forces) and Akbar with his regent Bairam Khan.
- 1556 CE
- Hemu was Chief Minister & General of Afghan ruler Adil Shah.
- He had seized control over Delhi and Ajmer after defeating Mughal forces.
- He declared himself as independent and took the title of Hemachandra Vikramaditya.
- In November, Mughal forces under Bairam Kahn & Hemu’s army met at Panipat.
- This was known as Second Battle of Panipat.
- Ended with the defeat of Hemu.
- Later, Lahore, Multan, Ajmer, Jaipur & Gwalior were also conquered.