- The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost - Summary
The Road Not Taken
- · The speaker has come to a place in the woods where the path forks out.
- · As autumn has set in, the leaves are changing colors.
- · Initially the speaker is not certain which way to go, and actually wishes he could take both ways.
- · He tries to look down one path as far as he can see, but then he decides to take the other.
- · He thinks the path he decides to take is not quite as worn-out as the other one
- However, moments later the conculdes tha the paths are just the same, and that the fallen leaves on both the paths look rather fresh.
- · The speaker now turns philosophical and says that he plans to take the other road some other day.
- · However he has a lingering suspecion that he probably won't ever come back.
- Instead, far off in the future, he'll be talking about how his decision was final and life changing.